The responsibilities of the Logistics Engineer will include reliability, maintainability, and supportability (RM&S) analyses; preparation and delivery of technical, training, and other documentation; management of a Logistics Integrated Product Team (IPT); supporting safety analyses, systems integration and test, as well as system fielding and post-fielding support.
The candidate will be familiar with RM&S analysis methods, including reliability predictions and allocations, mission reliability analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, maintainability predictions (mean time to repair, crew size), maintenance task analysis, prognostics, diagnostics, health management, scheduled maintenance, timeline analysis, human factors, logistics footprint, support equipment requirements, and manpower requirements.
The applicant will perform trade studies to establish system, segment, and equipment RM&S requirements, assess their performance, and influence the design. The candidate will also participate in establishing RM&S requirements for conceptual designs based on customer needs, state-of-the-art technology capabilities, and program level performance requirements. These requirements will be established in system, segment, and equipment specifications and contractor and supplier statements of work. Develops and maintains program RM&S processes. Establishes RM&S technical performance measures (TPMs). Coordinates internal RM&S technical reviews. Establishes and maintains RM&S IPT risks, opportunities, and issues. Serves as the focal point for release of RM&S technical data outside the RM&S IPT. Develops and maintains system reliability and availability models.
Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical and training documents including system operations and user documentation, transportability documentation, system maintenance manuals, and training manuals/presentation materials. Technical and training documents are developed from technical drawings, prototype and production software/hardware, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources.
Periodic travel is required.
Must be a US Citizen, position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Minimum of a B.S. in Engineering technical discipline or related technical field or commensurate experience.
- Ability to lead Logistics IPT activities
- Experience with developing Reliability and Maintainability (R&M ) predictions.
- Experience establishing Reliability and Maintainability Sustainability requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, to include PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Capable of using computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team and to promote teamwork
- Effective written and spoken communication skills
- Technical publications development experience
- Under general direction, responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and/or internationally
- Ability to learn and develop new skills and adapt to changes in technology
- Ability to multitask
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain DOD security clearance
- Applies concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produces defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD training equipment and systems
- Interprets engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures and to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Researches highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiple sources, and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
Desirable Added Qualifications
- Ability to Interface with RM&S counterparts inside Oasis, Government personnel, and at other companies
- Three (3) years technical writing experience in programs and contracts of a similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required
- Strong math skills
- Proficiency in RM&S tools
- Knowledge of and aptitude for using RM&S Analysis Methods
- Cost Account Management experience
- Applies MIL-STD-40051-2C to work products
Apply by emailing resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants that have graduated within 5 years should also include transcripts. Please indicate desired position in the subject line.