Full access to critical combat vehicle skills training through modular, deployable simulation
The Bradley COFT is a dual-configuration gunnery training system that replicates the Bradley ODS-SA and the Bradley A3. The system enables an instructor to train and sustain the Bradley Gunner and Commander in critical gunnery skills required for direct fire engagements. There are four Bradley COFT configurations:
- INSTITUTIONAL/CLASSROOM – comprised of a Bradley turret structure, Instructor Operator Station, and a computational system rack
- MOBILE – Institutional system housed in an environmentally controlled, air-transportable semi-trailer equipped with a diesel generator in addition to the shore power connection
- TABLE TOP – comprised of Commander and Gunner stations, Instructor Operator Station, and computational systems that are all contained in ruggedized, two-man lift transit cases
- PLATOON – networked systems with a Master IOS that supports up to four trainers, thereby enabling platoon or section level exercises with a single instructor simultaneously monitoring the performance of four crews
- “Train to Standards … Anywhere, Anytime”
- Enables crews to be trained on both Bradley ODS-SA and Bradley A3 gunnery skills
- Optimizes training days via training system configuration commonality; software concurrency with the vehicle; and minimal system downtime due to real-time system diagnostics, high reliability with MTBF >500 hours, and operational capability of >95%.
- Minimizes the skills required to train crews and to operate and maintain the systems due to advanced training system software capabilities
- Minimizes training system life cycle cost by way of vehicle software reuse, hardware commonality, and
warranty-based modernization/obsolescence management
- Maintains consistency with the Bradley embedded gunnery trainer currently under development
- The Bradley ODS-SA and Bradley A3 vehicle configuration is selectable from the Instructor Operator Station, thus eliminating the need to duplicate training systems or to expend time and effort to convert the trainer between configurations.
- Key components integrated into the software architecture: Bradley Common Software Library (BCSL: tactical vehicle and C3 software), state-of-the-art image generator and geo-specific databases, realistic target visuals and behaviors consistent with gunnery training, and “country-specific” scoring standards (Scoring CSL).
- The configuration and functional commonality across all training system reduces life cycle management cost and
- increases ease of training.
- Using BCSL and the Scoring CSL makes it relatively easy to maintain training system concurrency with the latest fielded vehicle software and with the latest release of the “country-specific” scoring standards.
- The mobile configuration is qualified for C5 and C17 air transport and highway transport without the need for U.S. Department of Transportation permits and easily adapts for highway transport in Europe and the Mid-East.
- The mobile configuration has a 30KW diesel generator with a 100 gallon tank that enables the trainer to be used for 50+ hours of training without the requirement for shore power.
- For deployability and ease of use, the table top configuration is designed to operate on 120 VAC, 60 Hz, single phase or 230 VAC, 50 Hz, single phase power in temperatures of 5-40⁰ C and non-condensing humidity of 20-90%.