Full access to critical combat vehicle skills training through modular, deployable simulation
The Bradley COFT is a dual-configuration gunnery training system that replicates the Bradley ODS SA and the Bradley A3. The system allows an instructor to train and sustain the Bradley Gunner and Commander in critical gunnery skills required for direct fire engagements. There are three COFT configurations:
- Table Top – comprised of Commander and Gunner stations, Instructor Operator Station, and computational systems, all housed in two-man lift transit cases
- Institutional/Classroom – comprised of a Bradley turret structure, Instructor Operator Station, and a computational system rack
- Mobile – Institutional system housed in an environmentally controlled semi-trailer
- Enables the United States Army and National Guard to “Train Anywhere, Anytime to Standard”
- Enables crews to be trained on both the Bradley ODS SA and Bradley A3
- Optimizes readiness under objective training standards, reduces life cycle cost and increases standardization, commonality, and maintainability
- Optimizes training days through commonality and concurrency
- Expedites unit mobilization and deployment preparations
- Maintains consistency with the Bradley embedded gunnery trainer currently under development
- The Bradley vehicle configuration is selectable from the Instructor Operator Station, thus eliminating the need to duplicate training systems or to expend time and effort to convert the trainer between configurations.
- Key components integrated into the software architecture: Bradley Common Software Library (BCSL, tactical vehicle software, FBCB2), Close Combat Tactical Trainer (CCTT Bradley hull model), OneSAF (modified to support gunnery training requirements), CCTT and SE Core IG databases, SE Core moving models, and the Scoring Common Software Library (Scoring CSL).
- The configuration and functional commonality across all three training system configurations reduces life cycle management cost and increases ease of training.
- Using BCSL and the Scoring CSL makes it relatively easy to maintain training system concurrency with the latest fielded vehicle software and with the latest release of the TC 3.20-31 Scoring Manual.
- The table top configuration is designed to operate on 120 VAC, 60 Hz, single phase or 230 VAC, 50 Hz, single phase power, which maximizes deployability and ease of use.
- The mobile configuration is qualified for C5 and C17 transport and for highway transport without the need for Department of Transportation permits.
- The mobile configuration has a 30KW diesel generator with a 100 gallon tank that enables the trainer to be used for training
- without the requirement for shore power.